Friday, August 6, 2010

Banana Bread Muffins

IMG_1539

I came across a top rated recipe for Banana Bread on Allrecipes. I usually don’t make banana bread because it comes out too dry or not done enough.  Since I had old bananas on hand, I thought I would try making muffins instead.  Guess what?  They turned out perfect.  I only had 3 bananas so I split the recipe in 1/2.  It made 8 muffins.  They were done in 1/3 of the time it would have taken to make bread.  Gotta love that.

 

Banana Bread Muffins

recipe from Allrecipes
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 6 medium bananas)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baking cup liners in the muffin pans. This recipe makes approximately 16 muffins.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl (mixer bowl), cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
  4. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; stir just to moisten. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans using a large ice cream scoop.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, until muffin bounces back after being lightly pressed. Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

IMG_1543

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! You have great tastes! I always like the things I try of yours.

    ReplyDelete