Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Pumpkin Please – Pumpkin Bread

IMG_8730

I have been seeing pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkin everything everywhere.  I really wanted to bake pumpkin bread.  I have to admit I don’t like baking bread loaves because I always over cook them trying to make sure they are done.  So I took my pumpkin bread recipe and made pumpkin muffins.  The results were moist and delicious!

Pumpkin Bread Muffins

Ingredients

3 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable or canola oil

4 eggs

1 small can pumpkin

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

2/3 cup water

1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tins with paper cups .

Mix together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkins.  Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl.  Incorporate flour mixture into sugar mixture alternating with water.  Stir in pecans.

Pour into pans.  Bake 20 minutes until muffins spring back when lightly touched.

Serve with butter and enjoy!

Makes 2 1/2 dozen muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment