Thursday, January 7, 2010

Worm Cupcakes

IMG_7701

Licorice.  Roll licorice.  This is what ended my spider cupcakes aspirations I mentioned a few days ago.  I couldn’t find licorice rolls so I decided worms were the next best thing. 

These are super easy to make.  Here is a quick tutorial.  Whip up a batch this weekend for Halloween.  The kiddos will love you forever.

Worm Cupcakes

You will need to bake chocolate cupcakes.  I used the Duncan Hines Devil’s Fudge cake mix.  It makes 24 cupcakes.  As you can see, they don’t need to be pretty.  This is for worms folks.

IMG_7685

You will need a bag of gummy worms.  Cut the worms in half.  Grab 1/2 bag Oreo cookies.  Put cookies in a large Ziploc baggie and crush with a rolling pin or drinking cup.  

IMG_7682

Finally, you will need chocolate icing.  This is where I beg of you to take 5 minutes to make it from scratch.  That is all it takes to make delicious chocolate buttercream icing. It doesn’t even compare to the canned icing.  I promise it is worth your time. 

IMG_7686

If you still won’t make it from scratch, then I have to show you this …

IMG_7703IMG_7705

Ghiradelli chocolate!  Oh, I know it is sinful.  The chocolate buttercream icing recipe is right on the back of the can.  Super simple.

Moving on.  Spread the frosting on a cupcake.  Icing hides all your imperfections.

IMG_7690 Dip the iced cupcake in the crushed Oreos.

IMG_7692Take the cupcake’s temperature.  I am just kidding.  Dig a small hole in the cupcake and gently push in 1/2 gummy worm. 

IMG_7695 IMG_7697

Add another worm. Then enjoy!IMG_7687

No comments:

Post a Comment