Friday, March 26, 2010

Banana Pudding

My sweet aunt Sue gave me this recipe several years ago.  This banana pudding is light and fluffy which is why I like it so much. 

Banana Pudding

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 1/2 cups cold water

1 pkg (3 1/2 oz) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix

2 cups cool whip, divided

Vanilla wafers

3 medium ripe bananas, sliced

In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.  Add pudding mix and beat.

IMG_7054

Chill 5 minutes.  Remove from refrigerator and fold in whipped cream.

IMG_7057IMG_7058

Add a layer of vanilla wafers to the serving dish.

IMG_7056 Add 1/3 of of the pudding mixture.  Add ripe sliced or chopped bananas.

IMG_7055 IMG_7061

Repeat with a layer of vanilla wafers, pudding mixture and bananas.  Repeat once more.  Finish the banana pudding with the remaining cup of whipped cream. IMG_7066

Chill for 2 hours and enjoy. 

My aunt did add to the bottom of the recipe to tell everyone that I got my great cooking and my good looking from her.  It makes me smile every time I read the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment