Friday, March 26, 2010

BLTs

Thanks to this wonderful blog post, I have now learned how to cook bacon in the oven.

The result … a quick and delicious BLT.IMG_6995

I made BLTs in about 25 minutes from start to finish.  Take that Rachael Ray.  Just kidding I like her.  But sometimes her recipes call for too many ingredients.  Whoops, I am off track.  Here is what I did.

Line a baking sheet with edges with foil.  Place the bacon on the foil.

Place pan in cold oven.  Turn oven to 400 degrees F.  Set timer for 25 minutes.

In the meantime, make toast, slice tomatoes, wash lettuce and wait.

Remove bacon from oven when reached desired crispness.  Remove to a paper towel to drain.  (I didn’t say more bacon, less fat.  Unfortunately there is still grease ;-)

Assemble BLT.  Serve with fresh red grapes.

Enjoy!

Simple, refreshing dinner in less 30 minutes.  The easy cleanup made it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment